Nowadays, epoxy is among the most innovative refinishing systems that can be accessed on the market. Most of the time, epoxy could be directly used on top of existing countertops or it can be used to create a new and durable foundation. This enables the homeowners to have their existing are transformed into something great and unique. To know more about the epoxy countertop, here are their advantages when used:
- Epoxy can serve as a sealer. Using this is one of the most typical means of finishing concrete countertops due to its healing properties. The liquid gets seeped into the concrete’s pores to offer it more resiliency and strength against stains.
- Epoxy can be utilized on top of most countertop materials, such as wood, Formica, metal, ceramic, concrete, and laminate to name a few.
- It’s easy to clean epoxy countertops. Nearly any cleaning product can be utilized on the surface without being concerned about destroying it. Since epoxy can make a surface nonporous, it won’t be able to be prone to microorganisms like fungi, yeast, bacteria, and more, making it an ideal and safe place where you can prepare food.
- This material provides a durable finish. Epoxy can make a solid surface to last for many years as it offers a long-lasting and glossy shine that does not require more coatings in order to maintain its fresh look. In comparison to coatings like varnishes, epoxy won’t fade or become dull. Aside from that, this material is 5 times more shock resistant and durable compared to concrete. This only means that its surface can endure something heavy dropped on it and expect that it won’t break.
- Epoxy countertops potentially offer wide and unlimited designs because they give the most overall versatility in terms of color and pattern. The appearance of granite or marble can be mimicked at a much lower price than the natural stone. Since epoxy foes down as liquid, which will then be transformed into a solid surface, the countertop will be seamless. Because of this, a continuous color and pattern can be achieved without making interruptions.
- Epoxy is inherently a high-gloss finish. An epoxy countertop is an ideal option to select when you want to achieve a polished and glossy surface for your bathroom or kitchen. It’s hard to look for a product that’ll provide you as much shine for a cheaper price as this one.
- Epoxy can resist heat up to 500° F. A hot dish or pan can be set on the surface without being worried about the possible risk or damage that could happen to it.
- Epoxy is non-toxic and food-safe. The right epoxy countertop is recognized as non-toxic. As soon as the curing procedure is finish, it will be a food-safe surface also.
Now that you know the perks of epoxy countertops, you’re probably thinking about installing one in your kitchen, right? If this is the case, then reach out to the best kitchen remodelers today.